Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Which Syrup is Healthier?

Today we had our favorite Sunday breakfast of GFV chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled tofu. I posted pics of this in a previous post.

Stu had the Blue Agave syrup, while I had the pure Maple Syrup. The kids had the Lite Butter syrup which ironically says  "Contains No Butter" under the title.

While we were having our after breakfast chat at the table I turned the Maple syrup bottle around and almost fell out of my chair after reading the calories. We quickly began comparing and I was wishing I could go back in time and "unpour" some of the syrup I had already eaten.

PURE MAPLE SYRUP
AGAVE
LITE BUTTER SYRUP
I am now officially confused as to which would have been a better choice! The Lite syrup had half the calories and sugar! HOWEVER the list of ingredients was long compared to the Pure Maple Syrup. The Agave is a low glycemic index sweetener so perhaps that would have been the better choice. I just thought by going with PURE and NATURAL I made a wise choice. Maybe next time I need to put less than a quarter cup though :(

I would be interested in any feedback concerning this.

No comments:

Post a Comment